Dental implants and implant supported bridges can provide the perfect solution to replace missing or lost teeth. With the latest in technology advancements, natural looking, artificial teeth can be custom built and fitted to complete and enhance your smile.
Dental implants offer a long-term, solution for tooth loss. They are stronger and more durable than other options, delivering a very natural look and finish. Dental implants are among the most successful procedures in cosmetic dentistry.
- Implants are titanium posts that are placed into the bone by an oral surgeon
- A temporary crown is often fitted, and usually at the time of the implant surgery so that you don’t have to be with a space
- When the titanium screw is firmly anchored, often taking three to six months, a permanent crown is then fitted
- Implants may be used in conjunction with other restorative procedures to assist with anchoring and strengthening, e.g. dental bridges and dentures.
- Length of Treatment: Dental Implants - multiple appointments, up to six months to complete.
Dental bridges are an alternative to partial dentures and dental implants. With dental bridges the artificial tooth/teeth are anchored, at each end of the bridge to the side teeth, using composite/bonding material. Often the anchor teeth have also been restored and fitted with crowns. Dental bridges provide a strong and effective way to ‘fill the gap’.
- With dental bridges, there are a range of options and approaches to effectively fill the gap for one or more missing teeth
- Dental bridges – can often be completed in two appointments.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding with a surgical or invasive procedure, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
If you would like to arrange your initial consultation or you wish to understand more about
dental implants please Contact Us.