Experienced Dental Hygiene Team
Our dental hygienists, Angela Kumeroa and Rachael Gibson are registered practitioners who are specifically trained in the prevention and treatment of gum disease. Angela Kumeroa holds a Diploma in Dental Hygiene and Rachael Gibson is an Oral Heath Therapist with a Bachelor of Oral Health.
Our dental hygienists are an integral part of the dental team at McKeefry Dental. We view the overall health and condition of your mouth as paramount. Your gums (periodontium) are the foundation of what holds your teeth in place. Early detection of gum disease is crucial in the prevention of gum and bone destruction. Regular active maintenance/hygiene treatments are the basis of prevention and the stabilisation of gum disease.
If you’ve ever wondered about what is involved in a hygiene appointment and why they have a preventative focus on your oral health. Click through to read our post on ‘What to expect during your dental hygiene appointment’.
Dental Hygiene Maintenance
Optimum oral health comes from good dental hygiene
Dental hygiene is not just tooth cleaning, we can help you with:
- Treatment of gum inflammation (gingivitis) and gum disease (periodontitis)
- Risk assessment for decay, erosion and wear
- Implant care and maintenance
- Sensitivity treatment
- Treatment planning and diagnosis in collaboration with our dentists
- Developing your personalised home care plan
- Dietary advice
- KöR whitening
- Removal of surface staining/enamel polishing
Symptoms of gum disease
Gingivitis and periodontitis (gum disease) are often symptomless but you may experience one or all of the following:
- Blood present when brushing, eating or at rest
- Pus coming from your gums
- Gums looking red, swollen or spongey
- Loose teeth
- Bad breath (halitosis)
- Receding gums
- Tender and sore teeth and/or gums
If you would like to arrange your initial consultation or you wish to understand more about
our hygiene dentistry services please Contact Us.