Our in-house dental hygienist, Angela Isaac, is fully qualified and registered as a practising dental hygienist. She specialises in preventative and long-term dental and gum care.
Through regular care, gum/periodontal disease and tooth decay can be prevented. This reduces the likelihood of more extensive dental treatments in future years.
Common Procedures Performed by Our Dental Hygienist
- Treatment of gum inflammation and gum/periodontal disease
- Teeth and gum cleaning
- Teeth scaling and polishing
- Removal of surface staining
- Teeth/gum/oral hygiene training
- Dietary advice
- Risk assessment for decay, erosion and wear
Symptoms of Gum Disease
If you have unhealthy gums you may notice one or more of the following:
- Blood or pus coming from your gums
- Gums looking red or spongy
- Experiencing loose or missing teeth
- Bad breath
- Receding gums
Our Dental Hygiene Service
At McKeefry Dental we view dental hygiene as a necessary service, as it’s focused on improving our patients' teeth and gum health. With good dental hygiene, the presence and level of gum/periodontal disease experienced by some of our patients can be effectively managed.
Our in-house dental hygienist is specifically trained to treat gums and provide the more specialised care regarding dental hygiene.
If you would like to arrange your initial consultation or you wish to understand more about our dental hygienist services please Contact Us.