Short Term Braces | Our Process
With our Short Term Dental Braces there are four key stages of treatment; these are detailed below:
The Initial Step
- This includes an initial on-site consultation to discuss your alignment requirements and any other relevant treatment issues. In this session, which usually takes 15 – 30 mins, we will discuss with you your treatment options including the suitability of using short term teeth coloured braces.
- Once we have determined that these braces will suit your requirements, we will explain to you the various treatment plans, so that you have some understanding of the process and what is required by you.
- We will then take some initial impressions of your top and bottom teeth including some simple x-rays and photographs. This will be done on-site at our practice.
- In addition, we require an additional x-ray of your jaw and face. This type of x-ray is undertaken off site. These x-rays are necessary to ensure we fully understand all aspects relating to your teeth and their positioning.
Recommended Approach and Costings Provided
- Approximately one week after we have received and reviewed the x-ray of your jaw and face, we will be in touch with you to discuss: the approach we recommend, your likely treatment times, procedures, and estimate costs. This initial feedback may be simply communicated by phone and followed up with a written email.
- Once you have received and understood our recommended approach and costings, you will be in a position to decide to proceed with the treatment or not.
Your Treatment Commences
- Once you have approved to proceed, we will arrange your initial appointment where your Short Term Dental Braces are fitted. This appointment usually takes 2 – 3 hours.
- Future appointments are then scheduled, approximately every 5 weeks. At each of your regular appointments we review progress to date, fit new wires, and assess any other mechanics that need to be instigated. These appointments usually take 30 – 45 mins.
- Throughout your treatment period, we also may slightly recontour your teeth to improve their shape and gain spacing if required.
End of Treatment
- Once you have completed wearing your Short Term Teeth Braces we will fit you with your required retainer/s.
- These retainer/s often just need to be worn at night, to ensure you retain the position of your teeth.
We have provided this information to give you a good outline of the overall process. We can happily elaborate on any further points at your initial consultation.
If you would like to arrange your initial consultation or you wish to understand more about our individualised orthodontic service using Short Term Dental Braces please Contact Us.