Dental Implants & Bridges
Dental implants and bridges provide the perfect solution to replace missing or lost teeth. With the latest in technology advancements, natural looking, artificial teeth can be custom built and fitted to complete and enhance your smile.
Dental implants offer a long-term, permanent solution to tooth loss. They are stronger and more durable than other options, delivering a very natural look and finish. Dental implants are among the most successful procedures in cosmetic dentistry.
Dental bridges are another option to implants. With dental bridges the artificial tooth/teeth is/are anchored, at each end of the bridge to the side teeth, using composite/bonding material. Often the anchor teeth have also been restored and fitted with crowns. Dental bridges provide a strong and effective way to ‘fill the gap’, with more immediate results.
- Implants are titanium posts that are placed into the bone
- A temporary crown is often fitted, and usually at the time of the implant surgery
- When the titanium screw is firmly anchored, often taking 3 - 6 months, a permanent crown is then fitted
- With dental bridges, there are a range of options and approaches to effectively fill the gap for one or more missing teeth
- Implants may be used in conjunction with other restorative procedures to assist with anchoring and strengthening, e.g. dental bridges and dentures.
- Length of Treatment: Dental Implants - multiple appointments, up to six months to complete. Dental bridges - can be completed in just two appointments.
This patient had been wearing a partial denture for many years. We placed a 4 unit porcelain bridge and 2 porcelain crowns.
This patient was developmentally missing the lateral incisor and the other lateral was smaller than ideal. An implant was placed to replace the missing tooth and a porcelain veneer was put on the smaller tooth to give a symmetrical appearance. The patient had braces initially to get the spaces in the optimal position.
To see photos of our completed work please visit our photo gallery.
Initial Consultation | More Information
If you would like to arrange your initial consultation or you wish to understand more about dental implants and bridges please Contact Us.