We are pleased to be able to see you again at McKeefry Dental during COVID-19 Alert Level 1.
The health and well-being of our patients and staff is most important to us. It is possible we may need to rearrange your appointment, so please let us know if:
|a. You have a confirmed diagnosis of Covid-19?|
b. You are waiting for a Covid-19 test or results, or considered a probable case, or been asked to self isolate?
c. You have had close contact (as defined in MOH guidelines) with other people in the last 14 days who are probable or confirmed to have Covid-19?
d. You have new or worsening symptoms of an acute respiratory infection with at least one of the following: cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose sneezing or post-nasal drip, loss of smell with or without fever?
e. You have travelled overseas in the last 14 days?
f. You have had direct contact with someone in the last 14 days who has travelled overseas?
g. You work on an international aircraft or shipping vessel?
h. You work or have you recently been at an international airport or maritime port in area/conveniences visited by international arrivals?
i. You work or have you recently worked in customs, immigration, or at managed quarantine/isolation facilites?
j. You are a household member or a community contact of aircrew?
If you need to reschedule your appointment for any reason, we ask that you do this by telephone or email at least 48 hours in advance so that your appointment can be offered to someone else. A cancellation fee of $50 could be applied for appointments cancelled at short notice, and failed appointments.
We have many people wanting appointments who may have missed out during COVID-19 Level’s 4 and 3 so appointments will be in demand.
We will be following Ministry of Health & Dental Council guidelines appropriate for each alert level. At Level 1 we are still required to screen your health status prior to your appointment, and again when you arrive for your treatment.
COVID-19 Health and Safety
At McKeefry Dental we take the health and safety of our patients and team members very seriously. We have introduced some requirements to ensure we operate safely and abide by government regulations and direction.
What we ask of you:
- Please update your medical history form if you haven’t done so within the last 12 months (avaliable on arrival).
- Please fill in a COVID-19 health declaration form. A member of the reception team will take your temperature on arrival.
- You are very welcome to arrive with a support person; all support people will also need to fill in a COVID-19 declaration form.
- We ask that all visitors to the practice sanitise their hands upon arrival and exit with the alcohol-based hand rub supplied on the reception desk.
- There is a Simple Trace bar code and/or visitor register available to record the names of all visitors to the practice if contact tracing were to be necessary at any stage in the future. If you have a booked appointment, you do not need to fill this out but we ask your support person does.
- You will be required to use a pre-procedural mouth-rinse before treatment.
What you can expect of us:
- All magazines, books, toys brochures and other high touch items have been removed from the reception area. This is still a requirement from the Ministry of Health during Alert Level 1.
- High touch surfaces, such as door handles, the EFTPOS machine, reception desk will be regularly cleaned.
- Staff have been asked to stay home if they are unwell – this may mean that we need to reschedule your appointment.
- Cross infection is in our nature and we already take pride in going above and beyond.
We understand the impact this pandemic has had on patients financially; and the impact this may continue to have in the future. Our usual terms of payment on the day will apply but we will do our best to be as accommodating and flexible as we can around your specific circumstances. Please feel free to request a confidential meeting with our practice manager Anne if you wish to discuss your treatment costs which can be assessed on a case by case basis. We will continue to offer: EFTPOS, credit cards, GEM visa, QCard/QMastercard 12 months interest free; Southern Cross members who have dental cover available are able to use Easy claim. We have also recently installed Zip part-pay at McKeefry Dental. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your appointment, please do not hesitate to ring us on 04 473 7802 or email email@example.com.